PRGF® (Plasma Rich in Growth Factors) is a biomedical technology aimed at stimulating tissue regeneration by applying 100% autologous growth factors, which guarantees its biosafety and avoids the risk of rejection in the patient.
To obtain PRGF®, a blood sample is taken from the patient before surgery such as: extraction of teeth, implant placement, gingival graft or bone graft.
This sample is put in a centrifuge to separate the elements of the blood. The proteins responsible for tissue regeneration are used during surgery. The use of PRGF® in the dental field offers many clinical benefits:
- Promotes bone regeneration, increasing the predictability of complex surgeries.
- Stimulation of wound healing and regeneration of soft tissues.
- The possibility of using a coagulum and autologous fibrin membrane to seal and seal bone defects.
- A decrease in inflammation and pain.
- Preparation and easier handling of grafts.
- Reduced risk of infection and post-surgical complications.
- Increased biosafety and predictability of dental implants